Do you like asparagus? If so, here are the superb collection of asparagus coloring pages. We make sure that the following drawings are the best coloring pages.
Asparagus is rich in antioxidants and micronutrients, beneficial to fight water retention improve bowel and cardiovascular health. Let’s discover them together!
Free Asparagus Coloring Pages
Asparagus Nutritional Values
Green, white or purple, asparagus is eaten in all world regions. It is an excellent source of folate, an essential vitamin for pregnant and breastfeeding women. The antioxidants it contains are believed to help our bodies prevent many diseases.
Asparagus is a herbaceous plant, spontaneous or cultivated, belonging to the Liliaceae family, whose harvesting period goes from the end of March to May-June.
With a bitterish taste, asparagus is very versatile in cooking, and there are many varieties, such as green, white, or purple asparagus, having similar nutritional values and properties.
Since ancient times, asparagus has been known for its diuretic properties and healthy kidneys. However, these precious vegetables have numerous other benefits and nutrients.
Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Rich in vitamin K, asparagus improves blood clotting ability and bone health.
- Rich in folate, they are instrumental in pregnancy to strengthen growth and embryonic development.
- They have high antioxidant power, thanks to molecules such as quercetin, kaempferol, and vitamin C.
- Rich in insoluble fiber, improve transit and intestinal microbiota.
- They improve blood pressure, thanks to their high potassium content.
- Rich in potassium and other minerals and low in sodium, asparagus promotes the elimination of excess liquids.
Generally, there are few possible adverse effects of asparagus, but it is better to avoid them and ask for the support of one’s doctor if suffering from gout or kidney troubles.